Labor Story Part 3

I was more chill, and pushing actually healed me from all those contraction pains I was facing. With the experience I had from Mena’s time, I learnt to push in a better manner which helped me quite well.  9.19am Baby safely out, Alhamdulillah.

My stiches was not as bad, just a little bit of teared part. No cutting session Alhamdulillah which had also helped in my faster recovery as well. 

Back to the labour story, as the doctor finished settling stiches and all that, I was informed I could move to the labour. And they serve me a milk with nasi goreng for lunch. #OnlyinMalaysia (I mean.. obviously I could not eat that rice, my hands were shaking to the point that I could not even hold the spoons properly. Tired. Powerless. I was like an octopus to be more specific.) So with my little energy, I teared the milk powder paper given and pour it to the hot water, shake it with small spoon and drink 1/3 of cup, all that process felt as if I just accomplished a boxing competition or something bigger and tiring than that. Because to make that small little move felt so tiring, after the delivery. 

Then I requested the nurse to prepare myself a plastic bag, as I was already feeling like throwing up. I think I made the right choice to the nurse on that time, the moment we arrived at the ward room, I threw up everything. Well, nothing much was inside stomach. People say (internet says) it could be due to that psychological feeling of release from the stresses of pain, I don’t know. 

Hachi came soon after that. He had been supportive throughout my pregnancy till after my delivery. I know I was not able to do much of house chores, looking after Mena or even looking after my husband, but Hachi being a sweet one, he had always thank my (useless) self for doing many things and never once did he complain for his wife to have extra (too much sometimes I feel like) rest. 

Sometimes all you need is the physical and mental support from your spouse, family and surroundings because having another soul growing within you for nearly 10 months, deliverying them and bearing with after damaged, is no joke. It is about risking your life.

All it takes is that words of encouragement and appreciation. That little “thank you” or “ good job”. That little sympathy that comes along with a cup of honey-lemon in your difficult day of first trimester or a massage to heal your muscle pain. I am grateful.. that Hachi was there to go through with me. Not physically all the time, but he had always been there. So do my family and in laws. 

I feel that it is very important that man should never think they cannot do anything just because they cannot be pregnant or nursing babies. There are a lot more man can support the wife, by helping the house chores, waking up at night together, helping little things like burping the baby to lessen the pains wife is facing after the damaged. And just many more to list down. There are just a lot to share the burdens together, so there is no excuse not to be helping and delegating the tasks with the wife. It is not only once that I hear complains from wives, where the husband goes “shhh” and gets annoyed when the baby cries. Sad, really.

I understand also that perhaps the husbands could be feeling very tired from works, and that they love their children but just could not bear looking after that as it requires patience and energy and many more skills of course. BUT! Still! I am a believer that, man should be involving in looking after kids even if they are unable to be involve in doing house chores.

So yes! If any man is by chance reading this, get up from the couch, kick out all the lazy vibes, hold your wife hands, thank her, and most importantly put your best efforts to give supports physically and mentally. That is what all women need!

Mena’s time I had a very difficult time before, during and after delivery which taught me how strong a woman can be, and how weak we are as a human being. It reminded me of the punishments in hereafter which would obviously be more than what I went through in deliverying her. But for this baby, it taught me more on being grateful. Having the first experience, I knew Allah had ease my delivery in a lot of ways. It was smoother than ever and I could not be more grateful from the delivery process, to my stiches, milk supply, body aches, and all those minor problems were hard of course but manageable. Thank you Allah.

That is all about my labour story! Next story I will be uploading on handling a toddler and an infant baby! Which I did jot expect would be tougher before having my second precious bear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love

A Different Goodbye