Sister from Another Mister

Today I am writing about, one of my good friends, naming it “Bee”.  (Such a good name sense I have.) People who knew the me before marriage know that I was with her 24/7. 

We were more of like sisters than friends. Of course, we have many other good friends we dearly love, but our relationship was honestly more like a family kinda thing. It is perhaps because of the time we have been knowing one another. 6+ years straight of being close. Classmate, hostel-mate, room-neighbor, table just besides to each others, hence 24/7 being together at many moments. Maybe total up about 4 years of being 24/7. 

Flashing back the times, it all begun on 2012, when we “coincidentally” joined the new school, on the same dates. 2nd April 2012. Perhaps we were meant to know each others since then.

I was sent to a different class to learn English from basics, while she was sent to a normal form 4 class. Even that, I knew her through my hostel friend who coincidentally shared the same class with Bee and was happy telling me that she got to know two new students. On the 2nd day of school, it was during lunch times, through our mutual friends that I finally got to meet her face to face, but we did not talk to one another, obviously, we  were new and trying to adapt ourselves with the school, culture shocks and stuffs. I remember we were lining up for lunch together that time, and our mutual friends were trying to comfort both of us who were really new. 
My first impression of her was not that sweet. I did not know she was “that new student” who my hostel-mate was talking about. So all i thought was, “Not friendly this girl”. Bahaha. Things changed when I joined her class after a month from our enrollment. And i remember when I was about to go to toilet, she insisted to follow me. *cries blood*. All my efforts of trying to avoid her, gone like that. Lol.

Yea honestly, I had a very weak basics for English with myself being such an introvert person that times especially, having no confidence, so much so that my Bahasa was better than English, allowing me to prefer talking to those who speak Bahasa. I cannot remember how it went since then. She did not mind hearing my broken English and she would ask, talk and chat with me like her close friend. We would chat in Facebook those times when WhatsApp was not very known. That positive attitude of her made me really comfortable and opened up myself slowly to her, so much so that, when I realized, I was very attached to her. She was truly like my own sister. We spent 24/7 since then.
After our graduation, I remember being sad that we had to farewell. Although I planned to return to Malaysia, nothing was promised. So does her situation. But I guess.. we were always meant to reunite. 

Happened again, we coincidentally applied the same university, for the same intakes, on the same course. She loves me so much you seeee. What can I do, I have no choice but to accept them. Heh. #Proud
In seriousness though, I was very happy to hear that news. She was always there when I needed someone to be there. Knowing my personality, she was just there, without me asking. From when I was feeling lonely to stay far from family, our 15 years old sticking to each others like a family to one another. She was there to always believe in me when myself could not.
To when I was getting married, and her being my bridesmaid (she better make me her bridesmaids though), and her rushing to my class to give a piece of chocolate to pregnant-me who lost energy of walking, and her being the first person to cry to see my baby who was just delivered. There are so many moments I just cannot write it all down guys. 

Of course we had our downs. That’s why I call this family, because it’s amazing, out of all those, we still love one another like no any other. Despite us growing older, having more of more people in our life, not being able to meet, talk and stuffs, in the end of the day, she still cross my mind.

With all those guilt, as much as she was there for me, I often could not be there for her, especially after having my own little responsibility I have to prioritize above others. I hope she knows that, she has been in my prayers, and I always cherish moments where we could spend a cup of drink in between classes, or talking for hours after those tough weeks of semester despite both of us being really busy with our own lives and responsibilities and stuffs. It honestly does not matter your background, your fist language, your look and stuffs, I hope people find a friend who they can call a family. It is that person, who may not be close in distance but in a heart of one another. That person, who knows every single of your stories, yet do not judge you, but remind you of the goods in a way that suits your personality. That person, who you owe so much, yet never counted of her deeds nor being tired of giving another hand of help.


You inspire me to be humble, kind and sincere.

May God bless you, Bee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love

Labor Story Part 3

Motherhood